To the Faculty, Staff and Students of Assumption University of Thailand.
While the events from May 19th, 2010 may cause concern to many, the following announcements are intended to allay fears, and to assist in general:
- Government sources suggest that the situation in Bangkok and in other parts of Thailand, through moderately volatile, is being brought under control.
- For reasons of security, it will be prudent for all Thais and Foreigners to carry their proper I.D and copies of passports, especially when passing through check points.
- All foreigners arriving into Thailand should carry valid travel documents and ID cards.
- The government is imposing a curfew effective May 20,21 and 22, 2010 from 21:00 hrs to 05:00 hrs. Kindly remain indoors at night,
- Assumption University of Thailand hereby certifies that both its campuses at Huamark and at Suvarnabhumi are with maximum security facilities. As such Faculty, Staff and Students should not be under duress. For information assistance, please contact:
Mr. Glen Chatelier
Tel: +662-719-1515 ext. 3728-9, +668-1-848-1166
Ms. Siriporn Kiatpapan