Reference : Undergraduate Bulletin 2015-2016
The University, wishing to provide recognition to exceptional students, has established an Honors System. Undergraduate students are given awards for achievement measurable in grades beginning with semester grades and ending with cumulative grades until graduation.
Graduation with Honors
Undergraduate students maintaining a high scholastic average are eligible for graduation with the following Honors:
|Summa Cum Laude||Cumulative GPA||3.80-4.00|
|Magna Cum Laude||Cumulative GPA||3.50-3.79|
|Cum Laude||Cumulative GPA||3.25-3.49|
Requirements for Graduation with Honors
- Have fulfilled all the requirements for graduation within 4 years (5 years for Architecture).
- Have not been placed on probation in any condition.
- Have not received a grade lower than “C” for any course.
- Transfer students must have taken all the third and fourth year courses (or 72 credits) at Assumption University.
- Students who have graduated with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher, regardless of a grade lower than “C” or “U” for non credit courses, or those who completed all requirements within 5 years of study for all 4-year undergraduate programs; and within 6 years for the Architecture program, are entitled to obtain an Award of Academic Excellence.
Special Honors and Awards
Students are given distinctions for their performance for a semester or an academic year as listed below:
- A Special Certificate of Honors from the University Council for those who obtain a 4.00 GPA for any academic year;
- A Special Certificate of Honors from the President of the University to all students who fall within the GPA range of 3.50-3.99 for any academic year;
- Students who obtain a GPA of 3.25 or above at the end of each semester will have their names published in the Academic List Honors.
- 15 credits / semester required except for final semester.
- Grades must be “C” or higher.