The latest 5th version of AU SPARK Pre-Registration System, with its various useful features, was recently launched during the workshop organized by a team of concerned specialists comprising of Dr. Soonthorn Pibulcharoensit, University Registrar, Dr. Songsak Channarukul and A.Kiratijuta Bhumichitr, Department of Computer Science, Vincent Mary School of Science and Technology, as well as an expert group of student system developers. These newly invented and most advanced AU SPARK Features assist students to pre-register for their desired courses with ease, speed and convenience as well as providing them with much easier access to a variety of the university’s services. Such notable features are outlined below:
- Instructor Filtering enables students to preview names of subjects’ instructors prior to registering for their preferred sections.
- Instructor Rating System assists students to evaluate instructors’ performance of their previously taken subjects or sections. Such rating criteria/guidelines (or star assigning) will be eventually determined.
- Similar Scheduling/Pattern assists students to maintain their originally planned class scheduling despite of any changes. With this feature, students’ intended study plans/slots can still be maintained, though sections may change
- Section Trading assists students to trade sections among themselves of their already pre-registered classes prior to tuition payment; so as to enable them to select their most suitable sections.
- Class Collaboration System enables students among various sections of the same subject to communicate to each other. Thus, instructors’ teaching materials/contents/documents/visual files or any pertaining latest news can be shared among themselves.
- Messaging: Such students’ group chatting feature assists students and instructors of the same subject to likewise chat and share about learning problems, teaching materials and lessons.
- AU Sports: Through this feature, AU available sports facilities, i.e., Ping Pong, Badminton, Tennis, Basketball courts, etc. can be conveniently reserved by students/athletes.
- AU Tram Service: Exact location of AU trams can be detected at any given time (real time) for students’ planned travel and convenience.
- Today: This AU SPARK’s first page feature updates students with any latest news of any given days, i.e., class or exam schedules, grade releases, and other immediate pertaining announcements issued by any clubs, departments, faculties or the university. Furthermore, this AU SPARK program’s wallpaper or background will be changed according to students’ exact locations in ABAC.
- Car Pool: Car pool service for students commuting to and from ABAC can be easily coordinated.
- Security: This AU SPARK System is featured with top security protection; enabling students’ access to relevant information with the 4-digit pin code or Apple Touch ID.
The event organized on August 28, 2017 at Albert Hall, 3rd Floor, AU Mall, Assumption University, Suvarnabhumi Campus, was presided over by Rev. Bro. Dr. Sirichai Fonseka, Vice President for Student Affairs, and participated by a number of AU administrators, faculty members and students.