The physical features are a combination of French and Italian architecture, with a dome, stained glass windows and a bell tower, all designed by Br. Martin. He christened it “St. Louis Marie de Montfort Church,” after the founder of the Montfort Brothers of St. Gabriel. Together with the adjacent Centenary Monument, it was built to commemorate the centenary celebration of the arrival in Thailand on October 20, 1901 of the Brothers of St. Gabriel, sons of St. Louis Marie de Montfort. They formed an educative mission which has contributed significantly to educational growth in Thailand. The church is used for the university’s religious functions.