Representing Assumption University, Rev. Bro. Dr. Bancha Saenghiran, President-Rector Magnificus and Dr. Vindhai Cocracul, Vice President for Academic Affairs, attended the 26th world-level IFCU General Assembly organized on July 23-27, 2018 at Saint Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Ireland, under the main theme of “Catholic Universities Working in Solidarity as Possible Agents from the Local to the Global.” Such an ambitious international-level forum aimed to visibly enhance solidarity and revitalize contributing worthwhile roles the united Catholic universities can play in the world arena. Striving to reach these noble missions, the following relevant key issues were explored spearheaded towards the shared, concerted groups’ synergistic achievements:
- Displaying social responsibilities: engaging in responsible social transformation,
- Strengthened relationships with local partners,
- Managing international challenges
- Employment of higher standard of education, innovation and new technologies,
- Implementing international and Intercultural exchanges (Mobility for students and professors)
- Enforcing Catholic identity, Internationalization and diversity (through multinational studies).
- Shared practical, Catholic integral identity in intellectual centralized learning, teaching methods and practices (integral education, campus management), etc.
On this occasion, a new IFCU President and Vice Presidents were also elected.
Read more: http://fiuc.org