Congratulations……..Team Monsteology bags 3 awards despite sudden unexpected rule change
8 students from Assumption University’s Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics (MSM&E) recently participated in Disney Thailand’s marketing competition for its recent animated movie “Monster University” during July-August 2013.
By combining their brains and diligent efforts, AU’s team “Monsteology” put together a comprehensive integrated marketing communications (IMC) plan which achieved a strong public response from a key target market composed of university students. The team’s ingenuity and hard work successfully created enormous publicity, awareness, and positive image for the said movie. Thus, despite Disney Thailand unexpectedly changing its IMC competition’s rules in the middle of the game by suddenly reallocating 80% of the score to merely ticket sales (leaving only 20% to the other IMC aspects for which the team had already put much effort into), Monsteology earned the title of 3rd runner up and won the “Best Online” award as well as “Costume Award-My Mike My Sully”.
Team Monsteology was advised by AU’s Department of Marketing lecturer A. Pornchanoke Tipgomut and is composed of the following MSM&E students with the following majors:
- Aumarat T. (Marketing)
- Jita W. (Finance)
- Niti T. (Marketing)
- Sananporn P. (Marketing)
- Pataraporn L. (Marketing)
- Paweenee K. (IBM)
- Pawita K. (Accounting)
- Tharinee M. (Finance)