Barely a month since ABAC students placed first in yet another national marketing competition with another prestigious international company, an ABAC team does it again in the environment-conscious marketing contest "You Can Change the World with Kiehl's".
The L'Oreal sponsored contest was held from June to October 2011, with ABAC's team being advised and co-advised by Department of Marketing lecturers A. Nattapon Thaweewat and A. Chulaluck Tanakhachorn respectively.
The team members were Denwut Padungkiatkamol, Ruthaipat Surachaidungthavin, Chollada Pansatitwong, Prakit Leangaramsuk, and Wipada Pansatitwong; all from the Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics.
Out of 60 teams participating from universities all over Thailand, only 12 teams were selected to present at L’Oreal Thailand's head office at Bangkok City Tower on July 22nd, 2011. Of these 12, only the best 5 crème de la crème advanced to the final round, composed of 3 teams from Mahidol University, and only one team each from Chulalongkorn University and Assumption University (ABAC).
With anxiety running high and with another university having the upper hand in terms of number of teams, ABAC pulled off a last-minute game-changing surprise performance, riding in as the dark horse as it unexpectedly moved forward to surge to the number one spot. To the amazement of both judges and the public alike, ABAC's team finally won the top award.
Summary Report: Competition
|You Can Change the World with Kiehl's|
|Date/Duration||June – October, 2011|
|Venue||L’Oreal – Thailand (Bangkok City Tower) for the presentation and Siam Center for the event.|
|Coordinator||Advisor: A. Nattapon Thaweewat (อ. ณัฐพล ทวีวัฒน์)
Co-Advisor: A. Chulaluck Tanakhachorn (อ. จุฬาลักษณ์ ธนขจร)
|No. of Participants||60 teams nationwide|
|List names of teams/ their major||
1. Mr. Denwut Padungkiatkamol (นาย เด่นวุฒิ ผดุงเกียรติกมล) Martin de Tours School of Management and Economics, Hospitality and Tourism Management
2. Miss Ruthaipat Surachaidungthavin (นางสาว ฤทัยพัชร์ สุรชัยดังถวิล)
3. Miss Chollada Pansatitwong (นางสาว ชลลดา พันธุ์สถิตย์วงศ์)
4. Mr. Prakit Leangaramsuk (นาย ประกิต เหลืองอร่ามสุก)
5. Miss Wipada Pansatitwong (นางสาว วิภาดา พันธุ์สถิตย์วงศ์)
Brief result of the competition
After submitting a marketing plan, 12 teams from 60 teams nationwide have been selected to perform their presentations at L’Oreal Thailand office (Bangkok City Tower) on July 22nd, 2011. These chosen teams consist of;
- 5 teams from Assumption University
- 2 teams from Chulalongkorn University
- 4 teams from Mahidol University (International Program)
- 1 team from Chiangmai University
And finally, Assumption University is the WINNER!